Highgate

Saturday

Electric Wizard: Dopethrone

For not being a Pot Smoker, it would seem odd to me that this Album is one I keep going back to when I just wanna throw on the headphones and blow away all other thoughts. I mean look at the album cover, that's Satan smoking a Bong, that's fucking cool right? Electric Wizard? That's a fucking cool band name. We should change Nest Material to Electric Material, or maybe Nest Wizard, or maybe Electric Wizard 2! This album is so godam heavy I can't tell if my speakers are supposed to be making the sounds they are, and my headphones buzz and crackle like their made of tin foil. These guys are like Sabbath +100. Plus they have lyrics about Lovecraftian demons and what have you... check it out:

From ancient Yuggoth, black rays emit
Evils narcotic cyclopean pits
In dark babelian towers await
Lie dreaming until the time will awake

What man has seen unknown Kadath
Whose dreamy angles, confused and trapped
Beyond the frozen waste you will find
Hyperborean continent entombed from time


This is some heavy shit, there's no denying it.



No comments: