Highgate

Saturday

Ch ch ch changes....

Where have i been the last few weeks, i know you're all wondering out there in internet land... Well, i have returned with the answers, not the important ones, just my own... It's been a wirlwind end of the summer for me, which is a fitting ending to my most despised season of the year, the season where it seems unlike most people, i see less of the people i like, and spend more time indoors due to uncomfortable temperatures. Maybe next year i'll finally find that flattering bathing suit and loose those winter pounds... then i'll enjoy the summer... perhaps i'll brave one of those Marosy Pool Parties... probably not though, besides, i plan on being in Germany by next summer. (that'll happen...)

Anyway, so what seemed like all at once, i moved out of the sin-a-gog, turned 25, quit my longtime and much loved job at Pure Pop and started on my way to my new career in Web Design working for a software upstart. (thanks luke!) So for the last few weeks i've been trying to reorganize my life in many different ways - cleaning out old cobwebs, throwing out old clothes that don't fit me, papers and notes that as i read them i think "what the fuck was i smoking when i wrote "Calisthenics / Yoga? / windshield wipers or Duct tape?""

of course, i wasn't smoking anything, I figured it out - since i went with Yoga, and made wiper blades out of ductape...

So much stuff that i dont really need anymore - and somethings that i really need that i couldn't find forever like 2, 1/8" to RCA adapters. (these things are like gold to me.)

All this change luckily came along with an almost two week vacation - without which i would have gone completely shithouse, and even with it, i've only had a few days recently to catch up and relax, i wanted to do more studying for the new job (Java... sadly, cannot be learned in 2 days, no matter how much i try...) But i figure, i learn better by doing anyway so i'm ready to dive in and swim (flail madly.)

I got to take some lovely drives up and around the FC as we like to call Franklin County, did a little impromptu off roading, retreaved an old couch, and put in some face time with the grandparents.

My birthday was a lovely event, with friends from all the various branches of my life coming out together in an endearing, and only initially awkward evening of food and drink at the Seamonster banquet hall, AKA American Flatbread - i cannot explain how surreal it was to me to see my Father, sitting next to, Herb, sitting next to JB, sitting next to Sarapaule, sitting next to Todd, sitting next to Breiner, sitting next to Gahlord, etc etc - though, of course, since all my friends are awesome, they were all able to find common ground and the i guess the tasty beer and pizza helped too.

Afterwords it was drinks at the OP. Anyone who knows my father knows that the man cannot drink, he's like me but old w/ curly hair. Getting him to come out and drink was hilarious, as was watching him try and order a "blended strawberry daquiri" from Matt who in typical matt style just stared at him with incredulity. Then my dad asked for white zin... for his longtime girlfriend / evil whore, who in traditional FC white trash stylee drinks only the finest Box wine, and when forced to drink red, has to have it on ICE (!?)

anyway, i got drunk, and i forget the rest of the night, except that Eva took me home around 11:30... I'm a lightweight...

Then there was the moving, which was hell - not so much because i have alot of things to move, in fact, i really own very little... a couple computers, a bed, a few peices of choice furniture, lots of ratty old clothes i've been trying to keep alive for years now... but because moving involved not just taking my things to a new apartment, but moving my roomates things to his new apartment, and moving the things in my new apartment over to the previous tenents place. Not that i minded really - and i had some help from JB and Todd, not to mention Eva as my ever present cheerleader, not to mention she can carry twice as much as i can - it was actually a fun few days. There's something really enjoyable about literally deconstructing the physical world you inhabit.
It feels like what i imagine one of those deep cleaning bowel treatments feel like...
Like a big long ropey turd. But for your life...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you finally write a satisfying post and then you have to go and end it with poo. i don't get this you-and-poo thing. gross.