Highgate

Tuesday

ghost in the Machine

Track #2 (Long Formula)

I just stumbled onto this facinating story: Apparently Richard D. James as well as other notables in the IDM genre have gone through the trouble of sonicly embedding images into their compositions - reminds me of the stories I've heard of classical composers writing their names or messages into their pieces. While it turns out that the process of embedding these images is not as hard as it would seem, it's still rather interesting - now i'm curious to see if there are an full motion video clips converted over and embedded in someone's music...

More info can be found here |bastwood.com|

Venetian Snares: Songs about my Cats

1 comment:

jay said...

This is ridiculously cool...I used to be a big IDM fan, and I'm really surprised I never heard about this before. Thanks for posting it Tanner!