Highgate

Monday

Dancing Queen:
A Cautionary Tale.

I thought it was a rather inspired costume, (if i do say so myself.) so much so that a few times i was taken aside by a well meaning party goer and politely informed that my left nostril was bleeding. "That's my coke hole baby... never you worry."

I wasn't planning on dressing up - I never usually do - it's not so much that I'm against dressing up, but I've never been all that excited by the idea, and i told myself if i was going to dress up, it'd have to be half way decent, no "slutty cowgirls" etc. While everyone was over getting their things together, Jenny as a truly inspired "Annie Hall", JB as "Jeff Vader: deadbeat son of Darth" Lisa as a possibly ironic Pocahontas, and her recently arrived friend from Cologne Anna as a stereotypical "Bavarian" all "Yah Yah, Und Vundabar!" -

I was spinning some tunes and mixing some very bloody mary's when i threw on Some Abba... as i danced seductively for JB to "Gimme Gimme Gimme (a man after midnight) Jenny threw a dress at me...

While no matter how hard i try, i may never be a pretty lady - perhaps their was still some good i could do - i wondered aloud... some thing to remind all those hedonists out there, what it is you just might be waking up with the next morning, if you're not careful.... (and if you're lucky.)

At the Green Door Studio's party i cut a rug - i mean, i really kicked some ass on the dance floor, i couldn't believe it myself - it was the costume, i figured, dresses are just so liberating, and the garder and stockings... maybe it was the tiara? I also have to thank the DJ, the poor guy was getting nothing but grief from the "give me some fucking funk or AC/DC" crowd, but i was loving his tech-house micro grooves, very tasty. But they killed the music for the midnight "Road Kill Demolition derby" one of Andrea's brilliantly fucking twisted creations, where she took all these cheap RC cars, stripped them down to engines and wheels, and rebuild them as disgusting creatures, including a pulsing brain, a spinning razor blade studded cock and balls, and my favorite of the night, a razor blade-lined gaping vagina.... talk about gender bending...
Of course all of this took place on one of those giant "Tarrant for Senate" signs - i can't think of a more fitting use for it, certainly not for effectively advertising one's candidacy... (nice! dig my timely political criticism...) Oh, and the creatures were all fitted with blood sacs, that would burst in fantastic fashion when gouged with the razors....


cool.

3 comments:

The ARBitrator said...

Scary but strangely hilarious.

Aww, geez, I wish I had more creative adjectives! >_<

ginevra shay said...

you are the best looking coke head debutante i've ever seen! i came here after reading the scribe in hopes to see you in such a costume and forgot all about the god awful ear wax. it was an unpleasant surprise to say the least..

Tanner M. said...

what was, the wax or me in drag... cause honey, that's as good as i get ;)