Highgate

Thursday

Yep, it snowed!

The bustle in Jenny's hedgerow...

All the crazy high snow banks and life threateningly deep drifts shot me backwards to when i was just a kid, and the idea that if i take the wrong step, i may hit a sinkhole and wind-up suffocating in snow like that guy in "Alive" - it felt nice to be in awe of ol' ma nature again;
Those of us up here in New England don't get to regularly bare witness to the big lady and her mood swings like those lucky buggers in Florida and New Orleans.
That's the back end of my truck sticking out there...


Tried to bribe this kid to dig me out, but he wasn't having any of it. I guess a wurther's original and pocket lint don't have the same effect on kids now adays...


Fuck it, i walk to work anyway...

2 comments:

jay said...

Werther's Original? Sold! I'm grabbing my shovel....

I'm really kicking myself for not having set up my Super 8 to do a time lapse of the snow fall from my back window.

If the Sonic Youth show ends up getting cancelled because of the weather, God and I are going to have words.

The ARBitrator said...

Good to see that you're surviving the sudden arctic blasts as well. I'm sure that we've seen worse, though. . . all of this panic and consternation in the news seems to be a tad overdone, IMO.